Mission Inventory Survey
There's a great proverb that says that many hands make light work. This proverb is certainly lived out among us at Boston Avenue UMC!
Each Sunday School class, small group, committee and ministry is asked to fill out a mission inventory survey. The goal of the survey is to collect and share all the good works being done throughout the church, allowing the congregation to celebrate together the many ways our members, groups, and the church as a whole are making a difference in the community and world.
For each mission activity a group does, the survey asks the name of the organization, how much money is contributed, how many people volunteer, and the estimated number of people served by the mission. All of the information gathered from the survey will be presented to the congregation at the annual Chili Cookoff and Mission Fundraiser on January 28.
The deadline to fill out the survey is Sunday, November 26. If you have any questions or need help filling out the survey, please contact Rev. Sara Pugh Montgomery at 918.699.0127 or Ed Payton at 918.760.8833.
Upcoming Mission Opportunities
Other mission opportunities throughout the year include:
- mission trips through our United Methodist Volunteer-In-Mission programs
- donations to special collections for aid and relief efforts,
- local missions and special projects, or
- committees that focus on mission work.
- Lights On for Cookson
- July Mission Emphasis Month
- BASE Camp, or "Boston Avenue Service Experience" (formerly Downtown for Good)
- Food Pantry Collection
- Gifts for Cookson Hills Mission Christmas Store
If you have questions about mission opportunities, please contact Blaire Hines.