Boston Avenue provides many opportunities to serve others!
These opportunities include:
- mission trips through our United Methodist Volunteer-In-Mission programs
- donations to special collections for aid and relief efforts,
- local missions and special projects, or
- committees that focus on mission work.
Mission Trip to Bolivia Scheduled for 2017
A team is now forming for a medical mission trip to Villa Sinai, Bolivia, June 17-24, 2017. The team needs a dentist, optometrist, physician, four registered nurses, medical support members, and translators. Those who have been on this trip before and plan to go again hope to have a 12-member team formed by December 2016.
The team will work in Villa Sinai at one of five medical clinics in the area to minister to patients as they come, providing medical, dental and eye care. The cost for the trip is $1,000, which includes airfare, food and lodging. Also included in the trip is a 2-night stay at a hotel and a day of “cultural immersion” outside of the mission work.
If you want to be part of this medical mission team or know someone with medical expertise, contact Rochelle Caudill at 918.810.4678. Prayerfully consider joining this team and see how God leads you to share the love of Christ and make a difference in the lives of those you will serve in Bolivia. Stay tuned for future articles with personal accounts from past medical missions.
The following are just a few of Boston Avenue's regular annual mission projects:
- Lights On for Cookson
- July Mission Emphasis Month
- BASE Camp, or "Boston Avenue Service Experience" (formerly Downtown for Good)
- Food Pantry Collection
- Gifts for Cookson Hills Mission Christmas Store
If you have any questions about our opportunities, please contact Blaire Hines, for Missions & Connections.